Wednesday, June 13, 2007

One step foward and two steps back... or something

So I was reading through the Next Gen blogs and came across this, Square-Enix is going to release Dragon Quest IX for the DS... and not for the consoles. Their reasoning was that people are still getting used to the new graphics and features that the next gen consoles posses. Also, it has to do with the DS' large user base.
We chose the Nintendo DS because the widest array of people use it, including people who previously did not play games before,” Wada said.

I can't say I'm surprised that the DS is garnering so much support (I mean look up Aprils NPD numbers), but I think it's kind of funny that a hand held unit is beating out all the high end consoles *cough*especiallyPS3*cough*. I realize there are many factors influencing that, but I can't help chuckling to myself about it.

No comments: