Monday, May 28, 2007

Anime North 2007


Photo taken by my friend Clarence, I didn't know he was taking it though lol, Dr. Wiley is my friend Samson.

Well, the day came and went in the blink of an eye, I have been preparing and waiting for the con and it went well! I went on Saturday out of the 3 days, for more information visit the Anime North web page.

I had some last minute fix-ups on my costume but arrived around noon on Saturday. My friend Sam bought tickets so me and this other guy didn't have to stay in line to get tickets. I had *very* limited mobility (which I will fix for the next con) but it didn't matter too much as I was photographed so many times it took forever to get to the entrance! Phew!

The costume was really hot but everyone loved it so I was okay with that, I had to get people to hold my stuff though, (another thing that has to be improved upon at the next con) I regret not being able to enter the costume into the masquerade but under the circumstances I was in, I don't think there'd be a way.

I actually got some loot, the guy I was with bargained for Mario and Luigi plushies, both for $35. I got some Mario sound effects keychains, 1up, regular mushroom and I think the swimming one (my friend got them for me on Sunday). I also bought some stuff from the Artists Alley, one print and a lot of buttons (mostly Katamari ones). I couldn't really look around in the dealers room because everyone was asking for pics (lol, I felt like a celebrity!) I wanted to grab more manga... maybe next con...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can comment again! That was a great costume. I really love it.