Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pokemon and Nintendo Power

After much delay the wait is finally over! My trial issue of Nintendo Power came in the mail! So far so good, I was getting excited looking through the pages, maybe I'll get the full subscription if I like it, I usually buy issues of Electronic Gaming Monthly just because it covers all systems...it gets too expensive to get all the exclusive magazines. I've been reading some of Game Informer, they're pretty good as well but I have yet to finish an issue.

On another note, my friend let me try Pokemon Pearl, and so far it's more of the same thing, which isn't exactly a bad thing. It has some instructions in the beginning then more as you make your way through the game. The stylus is used to select Pokemon and their abilities, you move around with the directional pad. I've only played like 20 minutes though so I don't know much past that yet. I'll probably have to get a copy myself.

In gaming news, Ken Kuaragi, the man responsible for the success of the Playstation, was replaced by Kaz Hirai for the title of president amd CEO on April 26th 2007. While some of his statements (like thinking that people will buy the PS3 regardless of price) were a little overboard imo, he was a key figure in the gaming world. Read more here.

No comments: